Monday, April 30, 2007

STILL no Baby, Part II

Today is April 30th. My due date. And am I in the Hospital? Do I even remotely FEEL like I need to go the Hospital?

NO.

BLEAH.

We even took another looooong walk yesterday, and by the end I thought I was going to DIE. But did anything happen? Nope.

Starting to get a tad disheartened, here. I swear I'm going to give birth to a 13-pound baby. This baby is HUGE! Or rather, I'M HUGE!! (So the baby should be pretty huge, right?)

I googled "What to do to get yourself in labor" and I found some very interesting things. Some of them I won't repeat here, and some of them were what I like to call "Voodoo Remedies" that I'd be scared to try.

The safest one is probably Castor Oil-- one woman I know swears by it. She says it's the grossest stuff ever and the last time she took it she shat her insides out a few hours later, but hey, she went into labor!

Tempting, but I'd be lying if I said the "shat my insides out" part isn't a bit of a deterrent...

Of course it is NOT helping that my mom said my sister was TWO weeks overdue, just because she decided she "liked it in there." That is NOT what you say to someone who is so totally over the pregnancy thing.

Okay, I just crossed Castor Oil off my grocery list. WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING???

Maybe the baby will come tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lowa said...

I was induced with all my boys. They REFUSED to come out.

With my daughter, I went to a special foot massage place and they massaged all the pressure points or whatever. Still took a few days, but I went into labour on my own for the first time ever!

TRY IT!

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that, by the time I return from Iceland, baby will have arrived!

Michelle Miles said...

Keep walking! And even though you feel nothing, that baby just HAS to be ready to get out of there. LOL