Friday, April 06, 2007

Easter Eggs...and a Rant...

My kids got invited to an Easter egg hunt this morning. Unfortunately, I can't drive them anywhere, and the hunt is practically across town, so they won't be going. There isn't even anyone close to us who could take them to the hunt. That's the thing that stinks about here, our church ward boundaries are HUGE. I mean, I have to drive 30 minutes just to get my visiting teaching done every month, and it's a 35-mile drive to church. Oh well. Not a lot of members here, unfortunately.

So I decided to have an Easter egg hunt in our house, tomorrow morning. Hubby is helping me. We are going to hide our own eggs (I bought them a month ago, in preparation) and let the kids have at it. Why not? It's something fun to do. And I feel bad they didn't get to go. I just can't go anywhere. Which drives me absolutely nuts.

In fact, I just realized that the maid service comes in about two hours. It's only 12 degrees with windchill outside, so I can't exactly scoot the kids out there, so hmmm. They'll just have to go wherever they're not working.

AND Soccer officially starts up on the 16th, and Hubby will be out of town, and I don't know anyone on the team yet (we came late and could only register for Spring) so the kids have to miss their first practice, because I CAN'T FREAKING DRIVE THEM.

I'd better hurry up and have this baby, so I can be a normal MOM again. SHEESH! House arrest SUCKS!!! I know I'm going to look back on this time of opposition and realize that it made me stronger, but going through it is NO picnic! I've never felt so helpless and useless in my entire life, and it galls me to the core. Everything that I am, I can't be. It's like being in prison.

Okay...calming down. I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend, whether you celebrate or not. Hubby's birthday is Sunday, too, and luckily all the stuff I ordered for him online got here yesterday. So he'll have presents, at least.

And he gets his embarrassing balloons today at work...heyah ha ha ha hahah!!!!!

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

Have fun with your egg hunt. It's going to be freezing here for the overnight lows, which is just bizarre.

And hey - how did he like his balloons?? :)