Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tuesday

Okay, I read the SCARIEST article ever on MSN today. About the "worst case" scenario, if The Bird Flu came to the U.S. You can read the article here. Very frightening. I don't want to even think about it, but sadly, it could become a reality at some point.

I spent all day down in the basement yesterday, organizing and throwing stuff away. Now it's all immaculate, even the three storage rooms. And I'm still dead tired. But I'll take a nap later. I love those little 30 minute naps. They're invigorating. I set my alarm and plunk down on the bed (Thing Three puts his Gameboy on mute and lays next to me and plays it) and a half hour later...voila, I'm feeling much better.

I'm going to Costco today to get our food storage water. According to our food storage plan, we'd need 70 gallons of water for six months. We've already got a bunch, but I'm going to go get the balance. I know that sounds insane, but it really gives me peace of mind. If you're interested in food storage, this great website calculator helps. You put in your number of family members and the time frame you want to stock up for (I think it's three months to a year) and it gives you a report that tells you exactly which basics (and I mean BASICS) you would need to survive on your own. Pretty cool. You can find the food storage calculator here.

Wow, this morning has flown! I need to get the kids off to school. I think I'm going to buy flowers today! :-)

No comments: