Friday, May 12, 2006

Scary...

My eight-year old daughter came into our room this morning at 5am, sobbing, because she'd had a nightmare. So I tucked her back into bed, and she told me that she and her five-year old brother, Thing Three, were playing in the backyard, only instead of a fence, there was thick woods, and they heard a loud crunching noise, and suddenly a huge wolf barreled out of the trees and attacked Thing Three.
She was extremely upset, but I comforted her, telling her it was a good thing it was only a dream.

I got back in bed, and told Hubby about her dream, and he looked at me and said "Really?" And I said yes. And he said "I just dreamed that Thing Three was kidnapped from the backyard."

Needless to say, I'm not letting Thing Three out of my sight today. The fact that they both separately had bad dreams where Thing Three was in danger is just strange. And a little scary.
Hubby went immediately to Thing Three's room and scooped him out of bed and brought him into bed with us.
Right now he's completely oblivious, eating his Honey Nut Cheerios, but I will admit I'm a little bothered.

It could be nothing.

4 comments:

Lowa said...

You are smart to keep a close eye on him. That is very odd and very scary to be sure.

I don't even know what else to say. I hate this stuff. Please keep us posted, of course.

How is Thing One now?? Did she calm down?? Do you think she will tell Thing Three??

Lara said...

She's fine. I didnt' tell her about her father's dream, or it would have upset her. And she didn't say anything to Thing Three. She doesn't want to talk about it. Which is fine with me.

Lowa said...

Just eating my Raisin Bran and thought I would check back.

I meant to say, I am sure it is nothing too, but it certainly can shake a person up.

Thanks for the update. Good thinking not telling her about her Dad's dream. Glad she is feeling better. I had a dream my brother was murdered and for weeks later I was convinced it would come true. That was about 20 years ago and he is still going strong, driving us all batty with his pranks and jokes! Sure shook me up at the time, though.

Hopefully you don't have much to do today and can just cuddle with and play with Thing Three.

Michelle Miles said...

Okay that's just FREAKY. Hope everything is okay and I'm thinking of you.