Saturday, January 22, 2005

@#$%&**!! SNOW!!!

THIRTEEN INCHES.
Thirteen inches overnight! I can only see the tip of our mailbox poking out of the snow (and we have a tall mailbox) and we're expected to see a few inches more. It's almost completely white outside right now, because the wind and snow swirling through the air. The plowers came and did our driveway and sidewalk, and you almost can't tell anymore. It's falling that fast.
I hear New York is bracing themselves for about 18 inches--I'll take thirteen, thank you very much!

I officially finished gathering the preliminary information and research for my novel, this week, I am going to start writing. I have a goal (albeit small) of how many words I'll do each day. I am one to write the bare bones of a story, and then go back, and heavily edit, inserting details and "meat" so to speak. The editing usually takes longer than the writing process itself, because in writing I'm just regurgitating the movie in my head. The editing part is where I make the movie in my head tangible and entertaining. It's hard to explain, but that's what I do.

It's so cozy here in my office, looking out my big picture windows at the blizzard outside, but in about half an hour I get to venture out again, and pick up my oldest son from a birthday party.
Thank heaven I have an SUV. Otherwise I'd be too scared to leave the house!

Damn snow.

No comments: