Sunday, January 02, 2005

Keeping New Years Resolutions...

I honestly think that this is the first time in my 30-something years that I have actually taken my New Years Resolutions seriously. It's been a long time coming. For instance, I have resolved to actually blog EVERY day, rather than skippety-jimbo like I have as of late. Even if it's just a pithy comment, I will strive to deliver at least one comment, rant, one-liner, or full-blown account of my day (which I will keep to a modest length in account, to prevent the resounding snores I can already hear 'round the globe at this prospect...)
ANYWAY, so there you have it. For better or worse, boring or titillating, my blog will be updated by me, every day. Unless I'm dead. In that circumstance, I'm afraid, I won't be able to keep said New Years Resolution.

New Year's Eve was actually fun this year. Hubby and I opted to celebrate at a swanky restaraunt downtown the night before, seeing as you can't get a reservation anywhere (with the exception of Denny's) on the actual New Year's Eve itself. We had a nice dinner with friends, then went to a movie (MEET THE FOCKERS--this film should come with a disclaimer for prudes and physically unfit people, since you literally could DIE of either A)Laughter or B) What I like to call Mortification Laughter (as in, Did They Just Say What I Think They Said! HA HA HA HA HA! I am so embarrassed that I am sitting in a theater with a bunch of strangers and they just SAID that!!! I'd like to go hide now, but I can't so I'll laugh...)
and basically had just a nice evening.
Then the actual New Years Eve, we celebrated East Coast Time New Years Eve (because our kids were laid out on the sofas on the verge of a coma, since their usual bedtime is 8:30 and they were completey GONE).
So we had some Martinelli's, popped our New Year's Crackers open (a tradition in Britain that I think is way cool so we do it here) and toasted in the New Year with our paper crowns and jammies on. It was a blast.

Now it's back to Reality: hubby goes back to work tomorrow, the kids go back to school, the dog is going to the vet to get neutered, and I will be all by myself in the house.
I am wondering what the heck I will do---all that time...hmmm, maybe get some writing done?

No comments: