Tuesday, January 11, 2005

New Novel in the Works!!!

I got off the phone with my agent this morning, (and except for a few mortifying moments when my four-year old was screaming and banging loudly on the door because his brother wasn't "sharing" a toy with him) we had a good conversation, and he likes my novel idea (from the synopsis I gave him) so I am officially starting to write it this week!
I have a lot of research to do, but it will be welcome research: Egyptology, myths, legends, gods, and the political and social climate of Egypt in the 1890's. My two heroines travel to Egypt to solve the mystery of an ancient "curse" and I am going to have a lot of fun with this one! So excited!

Hubby went out of town today (business trip to L.A.) and so I'll have plenty of time to write at night this week. I get to stick my youngest in preschool today so I'll have time to do some research at the library--hopefully this novel will get written in a few months. I already have it outlined from start to finish, it's just a matter of crafting it now.

I just need to clean my house first! UGH.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow! Congratulations!!!