Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I Love Ebay!!!

Winter Blahs are still in full force, but I'm working through them...

I won my Ebay Auction last night--a 1902 copy of BAEDEKER'S EGYPT, and it gives me such a thrill to think that in a few days, I'll be in posession of a very old traveling guide that has probably been to Egypt. I'll be able to look through it and study it as an Egyptian tourist would have--over a hundred years ago. That, to me, is very exciting.
One of my writer friends counts her blessings on her blog, and I thought that was a very good idea--especially for one in the full throes of Winter Blahdom. I started writing out the good things last night, and after I filled up a blank page (front and back) I figured I had a lot to be thankful for, and I should just "snap out of it." Even with all the positives, I'm still finding it pretty hard, though. Maybe it's the absence of sun--maybe its the fact that my hubby gets to travel to warm places like Las Vegas and L.A. (and meet celebrities, hmmph!), but I feel a little like I'm "stuck" here in the cold frigid of Siberia. But that's Wisconsin. I have to make the best of it, I suppose.

I am just so glad that Girl Scout Cookie sales are OVER!! My daughter sold 17 boxes over her goal, and I am content with that. (My hubby, ever competitive, told me we should buy enough boxes ourselves to get her to the next award level, but I told him that I'd eat every one of the 23 boxes we would have to buy and that shut him up real quick. (We're going on a Disney Land/Sea vacation in June, and I think he wants me to look as good in a swimsuit as I do!)

So now it's off to the races--well, only the dry cleaners and a drop-off for a field trip to the Children's Museum downtown--and then my day is pretty quiet. I just hope I take advantage of it!





No comments: