Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Snot Brigade...

One by one...they go down...

Thing Four got the sniffles a few days ago. If you're like me, and you can't STAND kids with boogers, it's a pain. You know those kids. They walk around with snot leaking into their mouths, green boogers in both nostrils and crusties everywhere...makes you want to turn away and not even look.

GROSS.

So, I make sure my kids have relatively clean noses when we go out in public. You know the old adage:

Q: What do you find in a clean nose?

A: Fingerprints!!

Yeah, yeah, but I tell them to use tissues. From a young age. My kids are champion nose blowers by the age of two. So, thing Four, who is two, likes to tell me "Momma, I need a tissue. I need a tissue Momma. Momma, I NEED A TISSUE!!!" Usually when we're in some public place.

ANYWAY, he's feeling better now, and the nose-blowing has slowed, but my two other boys have the sniffles. Here we go. Heaven help us if we do get the flu--we'll pass it around like a game of Hot Potato.

The kids have been given their flu shots, but I'm still on the fence about the Swine Flu Vaccine. My kids came home and said they heard it's "bad for your brain." I'm not sure what that means, but I trust my pediatrician, and I want to get HER thoughts on the vaccine. I've heard there is some controversy.

The weather's changing, it's cold at night and in the morning, boiling hot by midday. Wreaks havoc on the little kids' immune systems. And my old injuries! My ankle has been killing me, lately. Then again, I could just be getting OLD.

:-/

It's Wednesday! No Cubs! No Girls Activities! No Soccer! No meetings! What am I going to do with myself???

Dry cleaners, bathrooms, the basement kitchen, matching up a huge hamper full of socks...weeds in the yard...

No comments: