Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm a Shotgunner.

And I need to STOP IT already! What is a shotgunner? Me. I do a little here, do a little there, do a little over there, and never quite finish any of it.

Hubby grew up in the "stick with one thing and finish it before you move on, or else" family. So, clearly, we're vastly different. Plus, I have adult ADD, and Hubby doesn't. So, when Hubby comes home, and I have the laundry partially finished, and the bathrooms partially clean (you get the drift) he's tempted to ask me what I did all day.

But he knows better. ;-)

And don't roll your eyes like that. It's extremely hard for me to stick with one thing. I need to take a class or something, and just MAKE MYSELF. But I get distracted. I have appointments. Errands. A highly demanding (and currently sick and whiny) two-year old. Once the kids are home, it's all about getting them to finish their homework, and getting them to soccer and other activities.

WE NEED MORE HOURS IN THE DAY, PEOPLE!! What is up with that???

Yeah, I'm a complainer this morning. I need to shut up.

In happier news, I have been having a lot of fun with my writing research. I know, that's something for the writing blog, but you can hop on over and see what it's about. For now, I need to go upstairs and tidy the kitchen. After all, it's only "partially" clean from earler...

3 comments:

The Bean Cassarole said...

You and me both sister.

*looks around her house at all her unfinished projects*

But in my defense, Dan is just as bad. Our children are doomed. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I don't think your alone. I am the same way. At least your not in denial.

Janey

Michelle Miles said...

HA! I'm exactly this way! We're like ferrets on crack. And we want it ALL DONE NOW! ;)