Monday, February 18, 2008

What Day is IT???

Status: Suffering from MAJOR cabin fever!!! Will the snow/ice/winds from hell ever end???

I officially have tired of Winter. Wisconsin can be gorgeous and green in the Summer, but this is ridiculous. Enough already. Our school has sent out a notice saying that we've taken so many snow days, they are going to have to cut into the vacation days as "snow makeup" days, so the teachers can work their quotas.

They cancelled church yesterday, due to severe ice. And we woke up this morning to another five inches of snow. BAH. I was lamenting to a friend yesterday that I am going a little crazy. It's not like I can pack up the kids and take them somewhere, because it's treacherous on the roads.

Luckily this weekend, I had a manuscript I was reading for a friend. It's awesome. I couldn't "put it down." I've finished it, and I'm sad to see the end of it. But there's a promise of more...hooray!

So, school is out today, as well. I swear, all these days of horrible weather and staying inside make me lose track of time. Seriously. Yesterday felt like Saturday. Today feels like Saturday. We're all cooped up for one more day YET AGAIN. I am going to make the kids play outside, luckily they like to do that. And today is Destroy The Overwhelming Pile Of Laundry Day. The kids and I will be folding and carting and putting away all of it. I've already forwarned them.

I just want to get away and get to a bookstore by myself. To get my sanity back. With Hubby in NYC, that isn't going to happen anytime soon. I just need to hang in there...

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

OOF. I can imagine how you feel. It would drive me insane, too. Hopefully the bad weather will pass and you'll be back to normal tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's bad enough here with all the rain. But snow so high you're trapped . . .