Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Repeat Myself...

Mornings are SO draining for me. I find that all I do, all morning, before the kids get on the bus, is REPEAT MYSELF.

"Get up! Get up Guys!!! Out of bed!!! (23 times)

"GET UP OR I WILL GROUND YOU FROM THE NINTENDO DS!!!" (1 time)

"Clear your place after breakfast!" (7 times)

"Have you brushed your teeth? (wait for answer) Brush your teeth!" (15 times)

"Stop mauling the baby!!!" (with kisses, hugs, smooches, etc.) (283 times)

"No I will not drive you to school, I don't care if the bus smells!" (12 times)

"I want you to wear CLEAN socks, go change your socks!" (8 times)

"The Bus is coming soon! Get your snowpants on!" (11 times)

"BOYS! STOP PLAYING UP THERE AND GET DRESSED!!! IF I HAVE TO COME UP THERE..." (67 times)

So you can see, I'm an exhausted wreck by the time I get them out the door and off to the bus stop. And THEN, I run through the house flushing toilets and turning off lights (yeah, all those signs I put up didn't work).

I love my kids, but sometimes they suck. They act like...KIDS for pete's sake! They need to stop it already!!!

I am very excited. A writer friend and I have decided to attempt our own personal NaNo for March. I've got the synopsis down, and I just need to flesh out some more details with backstory for one of the secondary characters, and when I'm done, I should have a 50K word novel! Woo!

Then it will take about a month to polish it, I'm sure! Ha! I'm excited to do it. The first book is a fun romp, I'm looking forward to getting into Emma's world again. Happy Tuesday all!

3 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Oh I do so love EMMA! I can't wait to read the second one. I think you have a real winner with those. :)

WOOHOO! I'm totally excited about March!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're doing a Nano-like thing for March.

I would have never DARED not to be ready in the morning, or do, in that case, exactly as my parents asked.

And my godchildren don't dare to defy me, either. In spite of being the "cool" godmother, I'm also about 16 times stricter, in some regards, than the actual parents.

Lara said...

Can I send my kids to stay with you, Dev? ;-)