Friday, February 22, 2008

Eau De Poop.

Funniest News Headline I Read Yesterday: "Man Urinates on Freedom Statue, Loses Freedom."

Yeah, so the last thing you want to read about is baby poop, but I have to forewarn you, since I have a baby, I'm going to write about baby poop.

I had gotten so comfortable. Let me explain: I had my first three kids 19 months apart. So, by the time the third one was born, I had THREE kids in diapers. (I think I have blocked that time from my memory. It must have been very traumatic, because I have no recollection of it.)

Then they got older. Cut to last year, my youngest was six. He hadn't been in diapers for eons. I had forgotten the whole "poopy diaper" thing. I was comfortable. Life was good. Then along came Thing Four.

You know where I'm going with this. I had a very Pooptacular experience yesterday. Thing Four had been working on something all day long, grunting and grunting. The day before, he hadn't pooped at all. So I was worried. I plied him with juice, fruit, anything to get the "mechanics" working.

FINALLY, at about 5pm, I was changing him, and he had one tiny turd. So, as I was wiping it away, I coaxed him to push, and naturally he did. And let me tell you, he LET LOOSE, right into my surprised hands! He gave birth to a golf ball. Poor thing. After that, the floodgates were open. I changed poopy diapers two more times last night.

*SIGH* I had gotten so comfortable...

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, no more Poopy Posts. I'm having a funeral for my nose later this morning...

I am going to change my status bars to the right. I am done with my GARDEN edits, and I'm querying. Haven't heard back from Current Submission, but I believe this agent is traveling, and out of the office. So I'll wait. In the meantime, I am going to do research on EMMA2, Edit the sequel to GARDEN and work on another wip. Going to be busy!

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

heheheh Mine is 6 and I've forgotten all that too.

Congrats on your edits and GO GO GO on your new stuff! :)

Lowa said...

You are HILARIOUS!

I love the poop stories:)

I bet he feels better now, huh?? Poor little guy!

Lynn Sinclair said...

Ah, the poopy diaper stage. Don't miss them at all.