Monday, March 03, 2008

Thing Four is a Daddy's Boy.

Today's IRONIC Headline: "Man hits woman on his way to anger management class" This guy is a major doofus. He punched some random woman at a bus stop and fled, leaving behind his folder with his name and anger management class papers.

Status: Wired. Hmmm. What's up with that?

I can't sleep. I stayed up until 11pm, getting in more words on the WIP, and set the alarm for 6:30. So, what do I hear over the baby monitor at 4:30 am???

"Dadah? Dadah! Daaaaaadaaaaaaaaa!!! Aaahhhhhhhhh! Dad! Dadah!!!!!!" (no, he wasn't crying--he never does that. He was WIDE AWAKE, and happily calling for DAD...)

Let me first say that Thing Four, who will be ten months next week, hasn't woken up this early in a looong time. He usually averages about 6-6:30 am now. Since I value my sleep, this is a good thing. So waking up at 4:30 is NOT a good thing. Adding insult to injury, he wasn't calling for "Momma" --he was calling for his Dad.

Thing Four and Hubby have bonded a lot lately. I don't know what it is, but he just prefers his dad to me, in the sense that he gets more "excited" when Dad's around. Sure, he loves me and everything, but put both Dad and Mom in the same room, and he prefers Dad.

It sorta bugged me at first, but Thing Three was a major Momma's Boy, so I guess I am just used to that. I just wish Hubby was here this morning. I would have turned over and whispered in his sleeping ear: "Sweetie, the baby is calling you, you'd better go feed him!" :-D

It's raining really hard. Maybe that's why I can't sleep. I am not used to hearing rain anymore.
I am getting antsy. I know it's only March, but I am in the mood for "Spring Cleaning." Yeah, I know, I'm insane. It won't be "spring" here for another two months. Actually, Wisconsin doesn't really GET a spring. We just sort of pass right from Dead of Winter into Summer. If we do have a Spring, it usually lasts about one to two weeks.

I am going to have the maid service come and do a deep clean on the house. I've got way too much to do --to spend the next couple of weeks doing what four cleaning people can get done in one day. So I'm making the phone call today, to get on their schedule.

Today should be a pretty quiet day--I'm hoping to up the word count!

No comments: