Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Schmiday.

Status: Ready to have this durn thing off my foot, already!!!!

I'm walking much better. Granted, my ten-month old (who doesn't walk yet) could probably outrun me, but I'm getting around.

I'm happy because I sent a sixteenth-century "diary entry" to a friend as a teaser from the book I'm writing, and she thought it was authentic. Which means I did my research right. Yay! I won't give too much away, but my actual historical character has nothing written or surviving about her, so I'm making up about 85% of what she did. But I've been researching her for three years. So I feel like I've earned the right. In my opinon. :-)

There's a HUGE sale at Boston Store, so we're doing the kids' spring clothes shopping all in one swoop on Saturday. I love sales like this. Its like 30% off the 50% off the already reduced, PLUS our associate discount. One time, we got $2000 worth of clothes for $300. You just can't beat deals like that. We have a game plan in place. We're going to wake up super early, and just go and get it all done. I just hope my ankle holds out! I'm just lucky, I have a hubby who loves to shop for our kids. I mean, you just don't find many hubbies like that!

Have a good weekend, everyone, and stay warm!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a marvelous Saturday activity!

Hope your ankle feels better soon! Better to fall down the stairs than up...That's always more embarassing!

Michelle Miles said...

Don't overdo it with your ankle! :) That shopping, though, sounds so fun. hehe

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself, Lara.

Feel better soon.

Lynn Sinclair said...

Hope your ankle held out for the shopping spree. So how were the deals?