Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Is it Wednesday?

Status: I have a ten-month old cutting a MOLAR. I'll let you guess. ;-)

Mixed bag of stuff yesterday. I took it easy on the foot, got some writing in, research, and re-discovered some great books in my library that I bought but never read. They had a lot of information I needed in the research vein. I was pleasantly surprised.

The Devon Records Office finally got back to me with answers to my questions. Their archivist was very helpful, I can only imagine how much microfiche he had to sift through to answer my inquiry. He also took the time to point me in the right direction for my other questions. All the archivists in the UK I have dealt with are very friendly, very helpful.

My Franklin refills came in the mail, FINALLY, now I'm all organized again. I also fiddled around with the idea of a Wordpress blog, but since I am website design/html challenged, I gave it up. I've been using Blogger since 2004 and frankly, it's always worked for me, so I'm sticking with it for the time being.

Signed Thing One up for fastpitch softball, can you say CHA CHING???? Yikes. It was expensive! I guess I'm used to Soccer. It's pricey, but not THAT pricey.

The baby has taken to mimicking everything we do. It's quite hilarious. I told Thing Two to finish his homework yesterday, and he gave this loud groan of frustration, and seconds later this tiny identical groan of frustration came from the baby, who was in his high chair, eating freeze-dried apples. Needless to say we all cracked up.

I'd better not cuss around the baby anymore. Or we'll have a "Meet The Parents II" moment, I'm sure. :-/

Time to make phone calls and lists. My wood floors are heinously sticky, but what can I do? I have a gimp foot. They'll just have to be sticky for now. Maybe tomorrow...

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

LOL Babies are SO CUTE!!!

The floors will still be there tomorrow and the next day. Don't hurt yourself trying to mop. :)

Anonymous said...

Wordpress is a thousand times easier than Blogger. You just type and hit "publish". And their templates are really cool, too. And if you have a problem, a real person actually answers your question.