Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rain, Rain and More Rain...

I'm starting to feel VERY lucky that my house is on the top of a hill. I think we've had 1/2 a day of sun in the last five days. Otherwise, rain and more rain. Our lawn is "starting to look like the Amazon." (10 points if you can tell me what movie THAT line is from!) Hint: it's one of my kids' favorite movies, and it's WAY old...

Thing Four woke up at 4am (hooray!) instead of 2 and 5, so I slept strangely. I guess I'm so used to waking up, now I can't sleep. And suddenly I had to get certain points about a character down onto paper before I forgot them, so after feeding Thing Four I went to the office and started typing. I'm doing something I've never really done before, I'm writing a story that has a BOY sharing the spotlight with a girl. Usually I just write about girls, for girls. So this time around, it's different. Although I might be a little outdated. I would be a GREAT storywriter if this was 1986!! :-)

So today we are going back to the Dr. about The Spots (which are getting worse) and I get to take a car full of kids in the stinkin' rain, and run assorted errands. Hubby leaves for Vegas on Sunday, and won't be back until Thursday. Typical. Guess I'd better get his suits to the dry cleaners too.

I just want to curl up with a good book and look at the rain outside the windows, not bleeping RUN AROUND in it...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Could it be....Honey, I Shrunk the Kids???

I loved that movie when I was a kid. I remember seeing in the theater. It was the greatest thing ever.

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that the Spots are something simple.

Sorry about the rain -- I was worried about you. Glad your house is on top of a hill.

And I'm glad you're grabbing some writing time!

Lowa said...

We live on top of a hill too! Down the hill from us is the Pacific Ocean. It's pretty dang cool:)

Hope the kids are alright. And sometime soon, you BETTER just curl up with a book, for your own sanity. I started taking time for myself sometimes a few years ago and it is AWESOME! We deserve it!

Michelle Miles said...

Sounds like you're having the monsoon we had back in June. It's dreary when it rains every day.

Let us know about the spots!

And I have no idea on the movie quote. LOL