Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's a Christmas Miracle!!

...Okay...so it's not quite Christmas yet...but hey, Hobby Lobby has all their Christmas stuff out already! So close enough.

THING FOUR ONLY WOKE UP ONCE LAST NIGHT.

Seriously, I put him down at 9pm, and he woke up at 2:30am for a feeding, and then he didn't wake up again until 7am! Woo hoo!

You know what that means: I got some un-interrupted sleep. I am beside myself with glee. And no, that is NOT sarcasm, folks.

Although I did wake up around four am because there was a thunderstorm. Hey, I'll take it.

So, I'm getting a tad nervous because with Things 1-3 in soccer this season, and with practices starting up next week, I have discovered that I will be going to practices EVERY night of the week. Don't even get me started on the games. You KNOW they will eventually have games at the same time, and I'll be running and dropping off and running somewhere else to drop off and poor Thing Four will just have to go everywhere with me. I think he's used to it by now. He practically lives in his carseat, which by the way, he's rapidly growing out of. He's HUGE. I have the pro-football scouts on notice. This kid won't even have to do much--he'll just crush everyone.

I fleshed out some story details last night. At 11pm. And then I scoured my master bathroom. It has been bugging me. We still had suitcases with a few holdouts and remnants from our trip to Utah, and I had them all in the master bathroom, waiting to be emptied. So I just did it.

I am wondering, am I the only person who takes three weeks to unpack everything completely after a family vacation? Please tell me there are others out there. I must find some way to rationalize my laziness...

Oh, and my dryer is still broken. Apparently the installer didn't tighten a screw tight enough and the wire eventually burned and melted the 4-prong cord and burned the housing cover. Dorks. So I am still sans a dryer and luckily I have enough clean onesies for Thing Four to dress about 57 kids, so we're holding out ok.

Then again, if I get desperate, there's a laundromat down the road...

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Christmas stuff ALREADY?? You'd think they could at least let us get through Labor Day and Halloween. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Can you carpool with other team mothers? You shouldn't have to do all the driving all the time.

Regarding unpacking -- I'll be totally packed a week or two before I leave, but it takes me until I pack for the next trip to unpack.

Of course, this summer, I've done nothing but unpack and repack, so maybe it's a good thing?