Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saturday

Quote of the Day: "A celebrity is someone who works hard all his life to be known and then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized."

I usually don't blog on Saturdays. But Hubby isn't here and the kids are playing quietly, so I'm blogging. I'm a little miffed because a few weeks back I signed Thing One up for swimming lessons, and she was on the wait list because the class was full. Well, she was Number One on the wait list, so I assumed she'd get in.
Of course they called yesterday and informed me she didn't get in, so I had to scramble to find anything for her that wasn't "polliwog" level. No luck. I did find a class at a rec center across town, but that means I'll have to take her there while hubby takes Thing Three to the rec center that is literally 500 feet from our house.

UGH. So be it. She's really doing well with her swimming, and gaining in confidence. We still have Thing Two in private lessons so I don't sign him up for regular classes. But it is SO nice to have them both in classes in the same building at the same time. Double Ugh.

I stayed up watching The Mummy until 1am. A fun, brainless bit of fluffy fare. I made a killing at my little hole-in-the-wall bookstore yesterday--but nothing really special. Mercury isn't retrograde so I guess that's why. (My friend Devon told me that when Mercury is retrograde it's the best time to shop).

I think I found out a big reason why I have been tossing and turning. Sure, the Curve Ball has been affecting me, but I changed pillows. That may sound trivial, but I went back to my old pillow last night and slept like a dream. (Maybe the fact that it was 1am and I was butt tired helped, but I'll take it.)

OF COURSE my kids wandered in at 6:25, wanting breakfast. I told them to go and play with their toys quietly and not bug me for another hour. So they proceeded to play at TOP NOISE LEVEL right outside my bedroom doorway, until I launched myself from the bed and chased them into their rooms, screeching like a banshee.

But then I remembered I needed to get the kids signed up for some activities online, so here I am on the computer, with the kids patiently still waiting for their Saturday pancakes.

Hmmm, maybe I'll let them just have cereal. :-P

2 comments:

Ann said...

whew! I get tired just READING about parenting.

Unknown said...

I am a FIRM believer that pillows make all the difference in your sleep. (pun intended) We bought new big fluffy pillows because ours were like a million years old and I'm sure completely filled with mite poop. I HATED THEM!!! Too poofy, my neck hurt, zero sleep for me. Took them right back. I need the flattest of the flat pillow. Mine is down feather, super old, but I loooove it. Nice and flat and squishy. I take it everywhere I travel, because it's the only thing I can sleep with. I'd rather sleep on a brick than a huge pillow.

we have saturday pankcakes, too! ;)