Friday, June 02, 2006

Last Day of School

...last day of freedom... ;-)

Hubby left for D.C. this morning so I'm on my own. Hubby said I kept him awake all last night, tossing and turning again. That explains why I feel like a Zombie. And I'm DANG irritable. The kids were arguing over who got to read the back of the cereal box while they ate breakfast and I flew off the handle at them and let's just say the box ended up in another room.

I try to be a good mom, really, but all this petty bickering makes me insane. REALLY insane. Now I know why my own mother went around with a permanently creased forehead when we were growing up. Because we were little sh*ts most of the time!

But I won't complain to her about it. She just grins because I am finally getting my comeuppance. Revenge is a dish best served cold and all, right?

OK. I'm worried about Thing Two and Baseball. I've signed him up starting Mondays and Wednesdays next week, and frankly, to say he's uncoordinated-- is being kind.
He's just not very athletic when it comes to upper body. He's GREAT at soccer, because he has strong legs, but he's got my family's curse: weak upper body strength. He throws like a girl, and can't catch, and he's seven. His five-year old brother is actually better than he is. I am worried he'll be made fun of.
SO, I'm going to practice with him, every day. I want him to have fun, not stress out because he isn't as good as the other kids. I know this is terrible to say but I hope some other kid is the same way, so he won't feel bad. But he wants to do this and I'm not going to deny him the opportunity. He loved playing T-ball, but this is different. I guess we'll see...

I think I'm going to treat myself to one last "sans kids" trip to my hole-in-the-wall used bookstore, and see what I find.

Oh, and before I forget--I mowed the entire lawn, front and back, by myself, and I even weed-whacked. Our lawn looks fabulous. And that summer fertilizer we put on it has made it really thick; you can hardly see the bunny wallows anymore! (we keep chasing them away so our neighbors have them most of the time now.) Heh heh. Go me.

And now it's time to go go go!!! Hmmm, I think a diet Coke might be in order...

No comments: