Thursday, June 15, 2006

I've Found my Calling...

...Bowler Extraordinaire.

NOT.

Bowling was an absolute blast last night. We all agreed we should get together at least once a month to do it. I got three strikes, but then did average the rest of the time. My poor friend Jeannie gutter-balled it most of the time. But she got a strike at the very end and we were all jumping up and down. It was a great time!

Hubby watched the kids and it was nice to get away. Especially after a day spent nursing The Sickie. He's a determined little thing. (as in Determined to NOT eat, NOT stay in bed, NOT obey my commands of "leave your brother and sister alone!!!" etc. etc.) But luckily, I was more determined than him, and I won out, eventually. I mean, he's FIVE, for Cripe's sake. Who is the parent?

;-)

Today I've set aside time to write. I'm going to Fast Track my EMMA revision, and see what happens. I still need a name for her brother, but I've narrowed it down to two, thank heaven. The beginning of this new story starts with a major "leap" on Reality, but hopefully my readers will not be too critical, and just believe in the magic. That' s what I like about writing middle grade fiction. Kids still believe at that age, and you can stretch the limits of reality. We'll see. I'm just going to write, and not edit, so I'm sure it will be complete crap, but after two weeks I will go back and fix it. I will have to resist the temptation to edit. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to writing. I'll spend an hour on two paragraphs, just to get them to "flow" right. Maybe that's why I don't get anything done! :-)

Time to eat some breakfast. And check on Thing Three!

No comments: