Sunday, June 25, 2006

Feeling Sorry for Myself....

WHY IS IT...

...that my kids can hear a potato chip bag being opened through two floors and three doors…but they can’t hear me when I’m standing at the foot of the stairs screaming for them to stop roughhousing?

…that my children can be “too full” to eat any more of their Chicken casserole and green beans, but immediately want dessert--and lots of it?

…that the MINUTE I put my kids in "Time Out" they insist they need to go to the bathroom so badly they’re claiming they’ll pee/poop their pants?

..that my kids are known in babysitter circles as the “Triple Hellions?”

...my kids can beg and beg and beg for a certain snack and when I give in out of sheer frustration and give it to them, they only eat a few bites and waste the rest?

…the one time I go to the store unshowered and disheveled with my kids in outfits of their own choosing I run into the President of the Church Primary at Wal Mart?

…that if I had a dollar for every empty Capri Sun/Koolaid Jammer juice pack left out in the backyard I could buy a base-model Ford Focus?

…that as soon as the phone rings and I start talking all three children must find me wherever I am in the house and tell me something TERRIBLY important that really is very trivial and of no importance whatsoever…

...as soon as I answer the door and start visiting with whoever it is, all that can be heard in the background is one of my kids yelling that the bathroom is out of toilet paper…

...my kids can beg me to buy (not rent) the DVD release of their favorite movie and after they’ve watched it once it suddenly becomes “boring”?

And last but not least, WHY IS IT that when I have drawers full of art supplies, drawers full of crafts, shelves full of books, a closet full of movies and a drawer full of Gameboy/Gamecube games AND a backyard with a pool and playset, that my kids can wander up to me when I’m trying to write and whine about how BORED they are? AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hee hee! I should NEVER read this blog with a mouthful of food, because I start giggling and end up snorting in the most obnoxious way! I KNOW this will be a book someday!