Thursday, August 06, 2009

Note to Self: Giving a two-year old a chocolate chip cookie right before bedtime is a BAD idea...

At least, that's what Thing One discovered last night. I was at a friend's house, helping her pack up her kitchen, and Thing One babysat. And made cookies. She told me when I got home she checked on the baby in his crib, and he was sleeping with his eyes open. Creepy. I told her, no, he was actually wide awake and staring, because he had copious amounts of sugar coursing through his body. She said she wondered why he smiled at her...

Laura, you're right about the Nonny (See previous post). There's really no harm in it, but he's asking for it all the time--and whining up a storm. I want it to stay in the crib, so he knows he has it when he sleeps, but not every minute of the day. At least, I hope that's how it will work. He's a pretty pragmatic toddler (takes after his dad) so it might be fine.

Washed nine loads of laundry yesterday. I am wondering, seeing as it's Summer, how all my boys' long-sleeved shirts are making their way into the regular laundry. I don't think they've worn long sleeves since late May, yet when I get the dirty clothes basket, there they are. And not just a few--a LOT of them.

We're throwing clean clothes into the laundry basket again. ARRGH! I guess it's time for another "put your CLEAN clothes away" talk with the boys.
I wish they didn't have to share a room. But since we only have three bedrooms upstairs, and we have one girl, and one baby, the dynamic dictates they have to share. Separately, they're well-behaved and fine. Together...well...an F5 tornado has nothing on these two. Little turkeys.

I can't believe it's Thursday already! When Hubby travels, I have too much fun. ;-) And no sleep. So he'll be coming home to a zombie. Niiice.

1 comment:

Lowa said...

Yes, I remember being annoyed when the dang "soother" (as we call them in Canada) would fall through the slats of the crib ALL THE TIME and the child could not get it! I would get up numerous times a night to get it for them...ARG! Forgot about that!

My kids for some reason wear long sleeved stuff in summer and when winter comes along...try to put on shorts and skorts?? I take the stuff and put it in the storage room, but they go after it again for some reason. Freaks.