Friday, July 11, 2008

Just Stuff.

Funny Headline of the Day: "Man Robs Gas Station with Cheese Grater"

...what, did he happen to have a cheese grater in his car? Was he a chef? Or was the gas station selling cheese graters and it was a crime of opportunity? I wonder what he said? Give me all your money or I'll grate your face?

Yup, I'd hand it over.

So I'm realizing every time I complain about gas, people out there have it much worse. We're all in this together. Those scientists just need to get to work and make gas out of trash or roaches or something...so we can end this. One can hope.

Yesterday was a lucky day. As in "Crisis Avoided" day. I was supposed to mow the lawn, and I checked the weather, and it said "Thunderstorms" at 3 o'clock. So I piddlyfarted around until about ten, and decided to just do it. Well, at the STROKE of noon, when I finished, it started pouring. Lucky. I mean, the weather people were WRONG!

Guess I should have known better. :-)

On the writing front, I got 1500 words in last night. I am totally pantsing this current part--writing by the "seat of my pants" and seeing what happens. I actually got a really good scene out of it (if I say so myself.) I am on fire to get this finished. But I'm enjoying the characters, and the world I've created--even if I've had to do extensive research.

And I've decided I don't have the patience to be an archaeologist. BOOOOOORING!!! I would go nuts if I had to mathematically grid a square of dirt and s-l-o-w-l-y excavate it, and meticulously record every little broken piece of whatever I find over the course of two years. I mean SERIOUSLY. That's nothing to get excited about.
That's why I'd rather be a historian. Because you can dabble in everything--and the research is FUN! Or maybe that's why I like to write Historical Fiction. Yeah. Probably.

I'm rambling but it's pouring outside and I don't have anywhere to go today except the Cleaners and Blockbuster. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

wfbdoglover said...

LOL on the weather.

Hope you have a great day

stay dry.

Anonymous said...

LMAO on the robber.

Glad you beat the rain. Have a great weekend.

Michelle Miles said...

Weather folks are NEVER right!

Hope you have a great weekend :)