Thursday, February 22, 2007

Oh, Deer...

Worked 8-1 today, so had ZERO time to blog this morning. But I'm home now and I don't work again until next week. So, whew!

I had something totally cool, yet strange happen yesterday. Our subdivision is heavily wooded at the entrance, and when I turned into it yesterday, I saw TONS of deer, in the road, crossing the road, and at the side of the road. There had to be at least 12-15 of them, all together. I've never seen anything like it. Do deer run in herds? There were a few Bucks and the rest were Does. It was weird. And of course they started to run and scatter when my Expedition came driving up to them. I drove really slow, and watched them as some galloped left, some to the right.

I've never seen more than one or two deer at one time, so it was bizarre. I just wish I'd had the kids with me, to see it! Deer are way more exciting than wild turkeys! ;-)

Okay, I want to quit my job. (Kidding) But seriously, when I walked into a large fitting room today and there were about 5932457 swim suit pieces on the floor INSIDE OUT, I wanted to KILL whoever had done that. I mean, what the heck? What a total PIG. Women like that make me crazy. She had left all the hangers on the floor too. GRRRRRRR.
Not to mention the fact that it's just...unsanitary. I detest re-hanging tried-on swimwear, because you KNOW what it's been touching. Thank heaven for Hand Santitizer.
But the piece de resistance, of course, is when they rip off those little clear plastic crotch protectors, and stick them to the fitting room wall.

That's my personal favorite.

I re-read Philippa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl yesterday. Yes, in one day. I couldn't put it down, and I've read it once already. I have always been fascinated by the Tudors (Namely Henry VIII and Elizabeth) and this story, told from Mary Boleyn's POV, is captivating. It's some of the best writing I've ever read, frankly. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes the Tudor Era.

Well, I'm going to catch a nap before the kids get home. The baby went sideways on me at work today (yes, he can still do that it and HURTS) and I was a mess the last half hour. I can't wait until he's too big to do it. I thought I had appendicitis for a while...no joke.

I think I'll go and start on The Queen's Fool, also by Ms. Gregory. Haven't read that one, yet...

2 comments:

Ann said...

I loved The Other Boleyn Girl - those Tudors were wild!
Have you read The Boleyn Inheritance - I think it's Phillippa Gregory's latest - fantastic!

Michelle Miles said...

That is so cool about the deer!

And EW on the swimsuit thing. This is exactly why I never try them on. Heck, I don't even own one! haha