Friday, February 09, 2007

It's Friday.

And I really don't have much to post about. Seriously. I work 10-3 again today. It's been a busy week. Hubby leaves for a dual New York then Las Vegas trip tomorrow and won't be back until next weekend, so it will be a lonely week.

So I'll dive even more into my writing. When I have my nights free, I get TONS done. And I only work two days next week, so I should make a serious dent in my WIP. I'm reworking the first book, and cannibalizing parts from the first draft, (and using the rest to make up the second book) so it's been a lot of "copy and paste" work and that can get very tedious. I was lamenting that to one of my writing buddies the other day. I don't want to have to keep checking and double-checking to make sure I got the necessary plot exposition down, and didn't miss any details.

But I'm almost out of the recycled part of the story, and into fresh-yes-I-get-to-make-it-up-as-I-go-Territory. That will be very fun. There are certain historical elements I have to do heavy research on, but the actual meat of the story involves characters and their interaction with each other. That's the FUN part. :-) And of course discovering the clues to the Mystery! (Which frankly, I'm undecided on, but I'm sure it will manifest itself to me as I write.)

Boys have soccer tomorrow. Otherwise it will be a quiet weekend. Be safe and warm, everyone!

And yeah, this has to be the most boring post, ever. I guess a lack of drama for now is a good thing...

1 comment:

Lowa said...

This isn't lame.

I am glad to hear that you are working on your book(s) still!!!

Have a great weekend! Princess starts soccer in a few weeks. She is SO EXCITED! She is our active one. Will play hockey in the fall and also does tap and ballet. Wants to do violin lessons, swimming and gymnastics. We can't get her to understand that is too much!