Thursday, February 01, 2007

Arctic Blast...

Apparently we're having a VERY cold front come in the next few days, with a HIGH of four degrees. (You know with windchill it's going to be -15!) Brrrrrrr. Fill up your gas tanks, everyone. I bet when I go to the store today all the milk will be sold out again. People panic when it gets this cold. And all that's left in the Hot Chocolate section is STORE brand cocoa! Yick.

Hubby and I put the popcorn cart together last night, and popped some popcorn. It worked like a charm, but we were slightly disappointed by the taste. It tasted like regular, no-flavor popcorn! Well, we finally figured out that since we were USING regular no-flavor popcorn, it figured. I had to go online and order special ready-popcorn packets that have all sorts of seasonings and salt and bad things in them that I can't pronounce, so that when we pop one in the popper, it will come out tasting FANTASTIC. Just like Movie Theater Popcorn. Voila!!

But the popcorn cart looks great. And I have to give snaps to Hubby because he used this teeeny wrench that was included and patiently put the whole thing together with it (because I couldn't find where they packed the wrenches). I would have screamed in frustration after ten minutes and the wrench would have found a home in the garbage. AFTER I had twisted it into a little pretzel...

Let's just say Pregnancy Hormones have not been the best thing for my temper, lately...

I've more or less gotten over the Harry Potter Being Nude Thing. My children will never see him doing that, they will only see him as Harry Potter, so I guess I won't worry.
So, frankly, he can shave his head and paint his butt periwinkle and dance NAKED with the Rockettes for all I care.
To my kids, (I'm echoing my friend Jen, here) he IS Harry Potter, and I will protect them from seeing any of his "seedier" stuff.
Poor Daniel. You just KNOW someone's going to sneak a camera into Equus and we're all going to be subjected to his nether parts on YOUTUBE or something crazy like that in February. Such is the way the World works!

Well I'd better head to the grocery store. We're good on milk, but I'm getting low on Postum, and THAT would be tragic. Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: