Friday, October 20, 2006

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ I'm Tired!

I worked 8-12 today. I got home, had lunch, decided to tidy up, and then CRASHED. I am tired. Gone are the intentions of cooking a fabulous dinner. Hubby is picking up Papa Murphy's tonight.
I am tired. All this unpacking on top of being pregnant, and it's taking a toll. I think I need to go to Azana and do some facial/massage/pedicure action. I haven't treated myself in a looong time.
I only work one day next week, because the kids have a couple days off from school. Oh, and the day I work, a major celebrity will be at my store! Woo! I just love her to bits. It will be hard to not be star-struck. But I don't know if I'm supposed to reveal who she is...maybe after her visit.

;-)

I've had a novel churning in my head for about eight months now. Its an adult novel (only in the sense that it revolves around 30-something aged characters as opposed to teens or tweens)--a definite departure from all the Young Adult I've written. But it's a great story (I think) and it's begging to be written. But I need to do MAJOR research on it before I even write a word.
I've written the first chapter, but before I go any further, I need to know what I'm talking about. So, I've been Googling like mad, and ordering books on Amazon. All I can say is it takes place in Scotland, and I need to find out all about the care of farm animals.
Yeah, I am sure your interest is piqued. *wink*

Hubby told me after the baby is born, I'll have all my days free with just a sleeping baby, and I should take the opportunity to write up a storm. I agree with him. I haven't had that opportunity in a long time. And I probably won't for a long time. I'm glad I have a partner who encourages my writing, and believes in it, and me. Now if I can just get my office together!

This weekend should be busy. Desk-hunting, and Hubby and I are determined to get the first floor unpacked and set. But tonight I'll just want to cuddle up with some popcorn and rootbeer and watch all our DVR'd shows.

Have a great weekend, all, and if you live in a "seasons" place, try to stay warm! Unless you live in Australia. Then I am very jealous of you.

Lara

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

My interest is definitely piqued!! I'm dying to hear more about this new story :)

Wish I could write. I suck...