Friday, March 03, 2006

Hockey!

Before I begin, I have to announce that another issue of The Scruffy Dog Review is out! Hooray! Check it out here.

Okay, call me silly, I went to my first Hockey game last night, ever. Hubby got some sweet tickets, and we went with another couple--it was a blast! We saw the Avalanche--the game was intense, and the score was 1-0 at the end. The Avs won! And I got to eat a beer brat--YUM. I never have those, because they look so scary. But mm mmm mmm it was so good. I've probably had my fat gram allotment for the next three months, but who cares.

Kids are home today, and I've had to give them two time-outs already. WHY do they have to fight like cats and dogs whenever they take out the garbage? UGH. Maybe they're on a sugar high from the waffles we had for breakfast. I'm going to get them out of the house, pronto, so they can get their energy out.

For some reason, as I was cleaning and running around yesterday, I had an ongoing conversation between two characters in my head, ALL DAY. I guess they're telling me I need to get the scene out before I lose the comic timing of it. It really has potential. I haven't decided if these two characters "get together" or not yet--but there's definitely some tension. I'll write the scene out and see which direction it takes. For now, I better get the playful banter down--before I lose it!

I broke down and went to B&N yesterday (my home base--along with Hobby Lobby, my other home base) and got some really great books. My favorite is the book I got for Thing Two: The Big Book of What, How and Why, which has over 1,000 questions, and the answers to them.

Thing Two is six, and he's VERY inquisitive. More so than my other kids. He's always asking me stuff like "What causes Tornados?" and "why is our blood red?" and "Why do we have planets?" etc.. Well, this book provides the answers to all the questions like that. It's WAY cool.

I wish the paint and floor and electric people would hurry up and get here--so we can get going! There's nothing more frustrating than having the whole day ahead of you and having to sit at home, waiting for repair/construction people. Especially with three high-energy kids!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

3 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Now you know why I love hockey so much. ;) Glad you had fun!

Lowa said...

OH MAN! Will my hubster be jealous. The Av are his FAVE team, this is too cool!

Yes, we are a hockey family. Glad you enjoyed the game. Personally, I can't wait for baseball season to open.

I am blissfully happy sitting in Safeco Field, eating a YUMMY hot dog and watching my Mariners. Makes summer bareable:)

I am TELLING you, your hubby is SO BLESSED with you for a wife. I know it may not be great, but if it was me, my daughter would be in the backyard with her new tetherball set up right now. It wasn't always this way, I just got tired of him disagreeing with every dern suggestion or idea I had and decided to sometimes just go ahead, he will get over it:) Man, let him know how fortunate he is, ok?? My hubby would LOVE to be married to someone like you:) LOL

Lara said...

I recommend Beer brats over hot-dogs--there just isn't a comparison!
:-)