Friday, March 27, 2009

You've GOT to be joking...

So, we're supposed to get SNOW tomorrow? Did I hear that right? Not a major dumping, or anything, but SNOW. Last week my kids were wearing shorts to school. This is ridiculous.

Thing Two wanted to wear his Columbia fleece jacket to school this morning, and I told him NO WAY. He had to wear his winter coat. He grumbled and mumbled and got his coat on, and when I peeked at him outside, he had his hood up and was acting like he was going to die from cold.

Yeah, I love being right! The wind outside right now is probably making the temps in the single digits. It's FREEZING.

The weather is like that Katy Perry Song: Hot n Cold...

We had a big church soiree last night, and I did a lot of running around for it. It went very well, though, and we had an activity at every table where you write "Two Truths and a Lie" and my Lie was voted most believable. My lie?

"I have a series of highly successful romance novels published under a pen name."

They apparently didn't believe I was caught in a Tornado once, in Sugarland, Texas. But for some reason, they TOTALLY believed I was a high school cheerleader. I am not HALF as peppy as I was then, and frankly, I wasn't very "peppy" even when I WAS a cheerleader, so that surprised me.

Oh well, at least I had the best lie!

Time to run around for a while, I was hardly home yesterday, and I'll be hardly home today. At least the baby loves riding in a carseat/stroller/shopping/etc. etc. He's my little buddy in crime.

Have a happy weekend, all! I will be lost in Editland. Although we are going to attempt to take ALL the kids to see Monsters vs Aliens tomorrow. Hubby seems to think the baby (who will be two in May) will sit through it. I am skeptical. I guess we'll see. Cross your fingers for us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT weekend!

Michelle Miles said...

That game is a lot of fun. LOL

Let me know how the movie is. The kiddo wants to see that one, too. :)

Have a great weekend!

Anita Hampl said...

Two Truths and a Lie is my ALL-TIME favorite game! I usually get to be the emcee at our Bible Study retreat, where we play it on Friday night. But this year, it kind of bombed - seems we'd all heard the stories or could guess who they belonged to . . .

Think we need to recruit some more members. I mean to save their souls, umm, umm, and to spice up my favorite game . . .