Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dragging my Lower Lip on the Ground...

Heaven help me if I ever have another baby. I'm getting too old to be awake all night.

The baby finally got the stomach flu. Or what I SUSPECT is the stomach flu. Last night, around bedtime, he got really fussy, which is not normal for him at all. He was whining and crying, and wanting to be held. So I held him, and he was burning up. I took him to the kitchen, gave him a sippy cup full of water, and he took two large gulps. Then he REALLY started crying, so I decided to calm him down before I gave him some motrin. We sat on a chair in the living room, and suddenly...

BLEEEEAAAHHHHP.

All over himself, me, the chair, and the rug. I didn't know such a little thing was capable of spewing forth that much vomit. I was waiting for his head to turn around...
I whisked him to the sink and got his jeans off and rinsed him off, while I asked Thing One to clean up the mess on the rug. (Yeah, she really liked that one.) But she did it. I sat down with the baby and held him, and realized he'd fallen dead asleep in my arms. Poor thing.

I gave him medicine and put him in the bed in his room, and stretched out next to him. He was tired, but fighting it, and making little whimpering noises. Hubby came home around 9pm, and we put him to bed. I slept in the guest room with the baby monitor, and like clockwork, he woke up about every 45 minutes all through the night, crying. Every time I ran up there to comfort him and hold him, he was shaking. I piggybacked Tylenol a few hours later, and that seemed to help.

He's still hot this morning, so I've given him more motrin, but at least he's not getting sick. He's having crackers right now, because I'm scared to feed him anything else. I guess we'll see as the day goes by.

I am DEAD on my feet. Hopefully he'll sleep through the night tonight, because I need some sleep. And yes, I can nap when he naps, but I always have so much to do when he goes down, because I don't have him underfoot and I can actually concentrate on something.

Cross your fingers for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor little thing! I'm so sorry he's sick, and hope you both get some rest soon, and that he improves rapidly.

I'm thinking of you.