Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I've Died and Gone to Heaven...

I love fruit. My kids love fruit. Lately, we've been into dried fruit, because it keeps longer when you're on the go. Grapes get mushed up and squished in sack lunches. Apples get brown spots and bruises. Don't even get me started on bananas. Fresh fruit rocks, but it doesn't "travel" well.
We were at Costco this weekend, and I discovered "Brothers All Natural Fruit Crisps."I thought they looked cool, so we bought them. They had different types in the box--single serving bags of Fuji apples, Asian pears, and Bananas-n-Strawberries. They aren't dried fruit, they're freeze dried fruit--and crispy, like chips.

OMGOSH I thought I'd died when I tasted them for the first time! How could I have not known about these before? Zero fat, only 39 calories per bag and NO additives. Just fruit.

HALLELUJAH!!!!! A snack that travels well, and tastes awesome! Needless to say, the kids want them all the time, and I had to go to the website and order more. Shipping is free in the US!

I know, I'm sounding like an infomercial but for this on-the-go soccer/other sports mom, these are WONDERFUL! They're fruit! They're healthy! And they're YUMMY, which is a bonus!

I firmly believe moms everywhere must stock up on these. They rock. :-)

I finished my friend's critique last night--now I can begin on my own edits. I have lots to work on, I want this story to be the best it can. But I also have a laundry room calling my name, in desperation. And a dusty house. And...oh boy do I need to get going!

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

Hey I like the new design!

I must try those. My kid loves fruit, too, so I bet he'd dig these.

Regarding revision: You know what my friend says? The first draft is the bare bones, the second draft is to layer and the third is to polish. Okay, that's actually what Nora Roberts says but my friend said it to me yesterday and I think I'm all on board with that. We got our bare bones done and now it's time to layer. It's going to be SUCH fun! Just think how cool the story will have evolved after that second revision?