Thursday, October 25, 2007

Party Day!

Status: Nervous--everyone is telling me I'm crazy to have a sleepover birthday party for my daughter--is it really THAT bad???? Now I am wanting to just get it over with.

Lots to do today, birthday cake to bake, basement to vacuum out, and of course the kids are home from school. I went and got them breakfast at MacDonald's (something that happens only a few times a YEAR) and they will be my slaves the rest of the day, cleaning whatever I want them to clean, heh heh heh heh!!!

But first I have to run to Boston Store this morning and exchange all the clothes Hubby got Thing One for her party tonight--he went a size up from what I told him she was, and guess what? It was all too big! Dang, I love being right. But I'm not one to gloat, oh, no, never. ;-)

So, wish me luck!

Oh, and here's that recipe, Karen. Every time I make these cookies, people beg me for the recipe. So I figure they can't be that bad!
-----------------------------------------
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies: (I usually double this recipe--and I make it in my Bosch Mixer--turns out perfect every time!)

INGREDIENTS: ¾ Cup Butter-flavor Crisco, 1 ¼ Cups light brown sugar (packed), 2 T. milk, 1 T. real vanilla, 1 egg, 1 ¾ Cups flour, 1 t. salt, ¾ t. baking soda, 1 ½ Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Optional ingredients: 2/3 Cup chopped nuts. (We prefer almonds, but walnuts will work too) When I make these for other people I omit the nuts, because not everyone likes nuts in their cookies.

Combine Crisco, sugar, milk & vanilla. Beat until well blended. Beat egg into creamed mixture. Combine flour, salt & soda in separate bowl, stir. Add to mixture and mix until well blended. Stir in chips (and nuts if you choose).

Bake in a 375 oven for 11 minutes. Yummy!

*For Higher Altitude, use 2 Cups flour

4 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Just put all those girls in the basement and call it good. ;) Good luck with the party!

Janey said...

You'll survive. I dont have kids, and don't want any. My hat is wayyyy off to you.

Unknown said...

Thank you!!!

And good luck tonite!! Remember, patience is a virtue.... :)

Lynn Sinclair said...

Can't wait for tomorrow's update on the party. Hope you can get some sleep.