Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I'm Tired.

I HAVE to stop staying up until 2am!!! Hubby is traveling, and I am experiencing the strange phenomenon where I can't sleep, but part of it is I won't sleep, because I can stay up doing whatever I want, and I won't have someone asking me if I'm "coming to bed?" every half hour.

Since Thing Four was born, I am NO GOOD past 10pm. It's like the Magic Time at which I turn into a pumpkin or something. I get heavy-lidded, foggy in the brain, and become something resembling the Walking Dead. Yep, 10pm. And I have been staying up waaayyyyy past that time the last two nights, which is really dumb because I have a little baby who wakes up like clockwork at 5:30 am to be fed and changed.

Last night I got stalled on my chapter I was working on, so I started playing on the kids' computer. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Oh my gosh it is SO fun! No wonder they love to play it! I especially love the Bean Bonus Room.

So I start playing it, and I get sucked in, and before I know it, it's 1:30 am. Just like that. And I have to run around turning off lights and setting the alarm. Checking on the kids to put back all the covers they've kicked off themselves. Getting a drink of water. Washing my face. Putting on PJ's. By the time I'd done all that it was TWO A.M.!!!

I need to stop, because I am trying not to pitch forward on the computer right now as I'm typing this, I'm that tired. I am going to force myself to get to bed by at least 11pm tonight, or I'm going to be in trouble.

Or I could be really bad and play more Harry Potter...

No comments: