Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ready, Set, GO!!!

A Shout Out to all you NaNoers out there, Good Luck!

I have always admired the drive NaNoers have...one day I will do NaNo too.

I forgot I had to work yesterday, and I was tired when I got home. Hubby has a huge meeting with the CEO of the company today, he wore a suit to work and I have to say, they have to love his presentation based on the suit and tie alone. He looked pretty dang hot. (Hey, I can say that about my own hubby!) Power suits look good on him.
Then he's off to California tomorrow. Next week, it's NYC. The week after that, it's Minneapolis. Then, he travels the week after that, but I've lost track of where he'll be.

At least he'll be home for Thanksgiving. And he'll be home for the day AFTER, which I will have to work. It's mandatory. That's the only thing that sucks about working a retail job during the Holidays, even if it's WAY part time. I still am required to work the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. But its ok, we aren't going anywhere this year, family is coming to us.
The only downer is Hubby wanted me to go to New York with him in December--I've never seen Times Square at Christmas, and he's going to be there an entire week. I was all for it until I realized I had to work. D'OH!!!
And yes, I could quit, but that would nullify my credibility with my employers. I told them I was a hard worker and dependable, and I am. I'm not a flake who doesn't show up or shows up and talks the whole time and can't be bothered to work, like SOME people at that store. Besides, it's been nice to get out of the house. It forces me to stay active, as this baby grows. And I need that. Oh, and this store is fun, it gets all the celebrity visits. Last week it was Vera Wang. Next week it will be...oops, I almost spilled the beans! I'll tell later, after she's visited.

Happy Hump Day (Wednesday), everyone!
(Why does that sound faintly vulgar?)

3 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Maybe you'll get to go some other day. You never know! :)

Lowa said...

I have always hoped to go to NYC. During the holidays must be especially amazing! I can't even imagine it. My nephew goes to Vassar and makes it into the city sometimes with his friends. I keep saying I will get out there and see NYC with him. He has traveled the world (lived in Cairo, Costa Rica, spent his 13th birthday in Malaysia, etc) and would be a great tour guide, I am sure!

Your hubby sure travels a lot! Does he ever bring back goodies for you or the kids??

Lara said...

More goodies than we can handle, sometimes. ;-)