Friday, November 17, 2006

Where's the Sun?

Okay, I'm not typically one to whine, but WHERE IS THE SUN IN THIS PLACE LATELY??? Coming from Denver, where the sun was nearly ALWAYS out, and the sky was ALWAYS this bright pretty blue, I am now finding myself in Sun-less Purgatory.

AKA Wisconsin. Gray, flat, drab, gloomy, dark, and did I mention windy and cold? Granted, we haven't had a true snowfall yet, which is really strange (I read something about Global Warming affecting WI the other day) but this lack of sun is really affecting me lately. I prefer snow. Then at least you have light outside your windows. I am feeling really depressed lately. I wilt when there isn't sun.

I've heard of those lamps that mimic the sun's natural light. I think I need to invest in a couple of those, and put them in the house. Hubby says it's time to plan a vacation, in January or February, to someplace warm and tropical, and sunny. It would be nice if we sold our house in Denver first! UGH. I heard that after November 15th, the market goes dead and we won't have a chance to sell until after the new year.
A lot to be depressed about, but I'm still going to try and have faith. Otherwise I'll end up shuffling around in my bathrobe somewhere, which isn't what I want.

We are staying home for Thanksgiving, and for the first time in a long time, we aren't having houseguests. So we get to prepare all the food ourselves. I am actually looking forward to it. Hubby and I have great fun when we're in the kitchen cooking together, and he is really good at cleaning up after me. He has this little chant: "Lara messes it up, Hubby cleans it up..." and he always sings it when we cook. Sometimes I want to whack him, but it's all in fun.

I love the Holidays. I think next week will be the perfect week to get up all my Christmas stuff. Lights and trees and bows and Christmas music will be the perfect remedy for all this...depression. Nothing like Holiday Cheer!

Hopefully I can be "cheerful" during all the sales they have at work. People go CRAZY over sales here. I mean seriously mental. Which reminds, me, I have to work today! Time to go!

Have a good weekend, all, and be HAPPY!

4 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Aw. I guess we're in similar boats. I've been feeling rather down and out lately too. But hang in there - maybe the sun will come out. And quite possibly all the Christmas decorations WILL help. :)

Lara said...

I LURVE Target!

Anonymous said...

Don't be depressed. : ) The sun will come out! Did you see Happy Feet and, more importantly, the Harry Potter trailer?

Lara said...

YES!!! The HP Trailer was WAY too quick for my taste.
Happy Feet was great for about 30 minutes, and then...well...hmmm...hard to say...but I did like the ending. And the music...

The HP Trailer will be online at the Leaky Cauldron on Monday, in case anyone missed it!