Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Is it Friday yet?

Just finished my 8-12 today. I wore really comfy shoes so all is well. But I am going for a power nap after this post.

Voted yesterday, and I have to say, the results this year are...interesting. And that's all I have to say about that.

I was going to make my yummy scratch Clam Chowder tonight, but it's supposed to be 70 degrees today. It's sunny and hot. IN WISCONSIN. We still haven't sold our house in Denver, and apparently our realtor has been shoveling snow on our driveway himself. What is up with that? Wonky weather, for sure.

Okay, I never get "emotionally involved" in these things, but I had to let out a whoop of joy when I read yesterday that Britney Spears filed for divorce from that blood-sucking overly-fertile leech she called a husband. Good move, girl, you go!

In lighter news, a writer acquaintance of mine just sold a two-book deal for seven figures. WHEW. It was pretty amazing to hear. Stories like that give a writer hope, you know? I had to laugh though. She's going to meet all the cousins she never knew she had, with that kind of money in her bank account. Good for her, I say.

I'm still currently writing novels in my head. Hubby and I sort of got into it last night, when I was talking about my lack of writing time. He was like "why can't you write now?" I looked at him (somewhat incredulously) and asked: "you really wouldn't give me a hard time about writing with half the house still in boxes?"

His response: "You can always make time to write."

I rolled my eyes at him. Yeah. He says that now, but I know myself better. I am not a good juggler. I either write and neglect pretty much everything, or I do everything and writing falls to the wayside. That is it with me. I am not good at balancing.

But I am good at sleeping...nap time!

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

Yeah 7 figures is pretty hefty. Good for her! That's exciting stuff. I hope I get there some day.

Hope you had a good nap!! Don't work too hard today. :)