Monday, August 01, 2011

I'm BACK!! I Moved!!

I know, I said I'd be back on the 25th--I am sorry. I intended to be back then, but since the move I've probably had 947466 people in my house at any given time, hooking up stuff, installing stuff, building, painting, fixing, landscaping, you name it.

We. Are. Done. Except for the built-in wood shelves, which will be installed a week from today, and the shutters for the windows, which (sob! I hate living in a fishbowl!) won't be in for another two weeks, we are done having people all through the house.

I can breathe. The boxes, which were a sea, have now tapered off to a pond, and I'm getting the unpacking done. Hubby has been fantastic. He took a few days off and I swear the man is an unpacking machine. The kids have been fantastic, when I MAKE them help, bwahahaha. I'm giving myself two more weeks, and I want to have things in their places, so I can focus on other things, like getting back to normal, running the house the way it's supposed to be run, writing, etc. And we aren't eating out much anymore, I've made it my goal to start cooking again. I think we lived on Chick Fil A and Salsaritas the entire move, and I'm sick of anything with a drive-thru window, now. I'm all about home-cooked meals again. Finally.

I'm not there, yet, but I'm getting there. But it feels good to blog again. Thanks for all the well wishes and support, and my awesome girlfriends who helped me out so much in the move. You know who you are! XOXO!

Man, it's good to be back.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Welcome back!