Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm The Shove Queen.

I was an organizing machine yesterday. Got the boys' room unpacked (FINALLY!) and all their decor up on the walls. Since they're sharing, I made one half a Yankees/Sports theme and the other half was Nautical/Sailing, since that's what my oldest son likes. Complete with his model of the R.M.S. Titanic he built himself.

It looks pretty dang good, if I say so myself! But now, I'm in trouble. Why? Two words: Third Floor. Basically (and this is embarrassing to admit), whenever I opened up a box I didn't want to deal with, I lugged it up to the Third Floor. Tub of junk? Third Floor. Bag of something? Third Floor. Piece of furniture I don't know what to do with? Third Floor.

Now I have a Third floor CRAMMED with crap. It's my own fault. But now I do have everything in one space, and I can get it all organized and feed it down into the parts of the house it goes. Which is even better. But I can tell that Third Floor is going to be a bear. It's going to be my Everest. It is NOT going to be fun. But once it's done, I will rejoice. Because I will be officially unpacked.

Progress, right?

Things are getting into a routine again. Routines of school, homework, housekeeping, soccer practices (no games yet) and my boys are whining up a storm because we don't allow them to play on the computer or iPods or DSi or the Wii during school days. Only Friday after school and Saturday. Yesterday cracked me up. Thing Two came home, did his homework, and promptly flopped down on his bed all despondent because I wouldn't let him play Minecraft on the computer. (This kid can play for HOURS.) I told him to read a book. That didn't go over so well. He went to a friends house, but when he came back, he was bored again. My other son read a book. But finally Thing Two broke out the legos.

Thank heaven for Legos. They never get old.

It's Tuesday Toast day! And Taco Night! I love Tuesdays. Hope everyone has a good one!

2 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

Sounds great. My winter project is to finally get everything unpacked. I mean, as of November, we'll have been there a year. I still have 200 boxes of books to unpack, files, and a load of other crap.

Brenda said...

Gosh, either you have an elevator or a butt like a twenty-year-old!