Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm In School Again.

I sometimes wonder why I went to school. Because I don't remember a stinkin' thing!

Seriously. My 7th grade daughter needed help with her Science homework yesterday (poor thing, she had four hours of homework!) and for the life of me, I couldn't remember how you find the density of an object, or it's volume, or ANYTHING. Since she didn't have her science book, I had to GOOGLE how to find those things. Which, of course, helped, and I "remembered" again, but honestly, I have forgotten so many things!

And I really think that as you get older, you forget even more things. Like words, for instance. I can't snatch words out of the air like I used to be able to. I used to have a pretty decent vocabulary. NOW, words get stuck. I know what word I want to say, but I just can't...grasp it.

Must be a "getting old" thing. Can you say vitamin supplements?

The weather is cooler in the mornings, now. Probably in the 70's. But it gets back up into the high 80's during the day. I'm getting a cold, I can tell. Either that or monster allergies. It kind of stinks, not being able to tell the difference!

I can't think of anything else to write. Guess I'm done. Man, I'm getting OLD!!!

3 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

I think it's more about prioritizing what you need for daily life. Right now, except for helping Daughter with her homework, you don't NEED to know those formulas in order to get through the day, so your brain pushed them back and brings forward what you do need.

It's all there' it's just sorted differently than one needs it in grade school.

Aimee said...

That's why I work with kindergartners. I have NO problem remembering my ABCs.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've gotten to that stage of life. It is so frustrating!

And stop talking about the "old" stuff! You're depressing your mother. :-)

Mom