Friday, September 03, 2010

Crap, it's Friday.


...and I didn't get all the things accomplished this week that I wanted to get accomplished. Then again, that's a typical occurrence, so why am I surprised? If I got everything done that needed to be done when it was SUPPOSED to get done, I would be known as someone else:

SUPERWOMAN.

And I definitely am...not.

As for the Hurricane, thanks for all the worried inquiries and well wishes--I am definitely going to be okay. I have friends on the East coast I'm worried about, but I am not near the Outer Banks. I live about three hours inland, so Earl will have blown itself out by the time any of it reaches me. I think. I hope. Anyway, no worries!

I put my Fall wreaths on my front doors yesterday. I don't care. They look great, and there's something to be said about being the first in the neighborhood to put your Fall stuff up. Besides, it's not like I'm decking out my house...yet.
Hubby left from work and met me for sushi last night at a place we'd never been. Eh. It was just ok. But it was nice to get away for the night. Even if we had to be back by nine for the kiddos' bedtime! Can I tell you how nice it will be to SLEEP IN tomorrow morning? No more waking up at 5:45? It will be glorious. Soccer games don't start until next weekend, so we're free and clear!

I dare you guys to put something Fall-themed up! I double-dog dare you!!!

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

2 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

I put up my fall cornucopia on August 1, Lammas, the first harvest. I'm getting ready to change all the table clothes and other stuff inside to fall stuff. The next wreath I put up will be on October 1 for Halloween.

Now, if the weather would just cool down into the crisp fall days, I'd be ecstatic.

Glad you're safe from the hurricane. I don't think it'll whack us too badly here, for once. I think Cape Cod will bear the brunt.

Aimee said...

I'll be lucky if I find my underwear by the time I start work on Tuesday. The Fall wreaths will just have to wait a bit longer. But your doors look fantastic!