Tuesday, October 06, 2009

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Seriously, it's crazy! A miracle! Unheard of!!!

I went to bed at 10:30 last night. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I actually did NOT drink any diet coke, and watch movies or play on the computer until the wee hours of the morning, which is my modus operandi whenever Hubby is away on a business trip.

(Whew, run-on sentence!) Anyway, I simply got the kids in bed, finished folding all my sweaters into my closet shelves, and trooped downstairs to watch two episodes of GG, and when I was finished, I looked at the clock, and it was 10:30. And I was tired. Probably because I'd only gotten five hours of sleep the previous night. So, I took the plunge and went to bed.

It was AWESOME! I feel so much better! I feel "awake" for once! Although I was ripped rudely out of my sleep at 6:23 this morning (only 8 minutes before we all get up) because Thing Four had gotten his chubby leg stuck between the crib bars and was crying for me to come save him.

WHEW.

Okay, here's something gross. I went in the back basement storage yesterday to formulate a game plan for the Fall decorations, and I noticed my old yoga mat was sitting on the floor. (It must have fallen out of the tub I'd set it in. So I picked it up, and it unrolled and...

Ramen fell out of it. A lot of it. Yes, ramen. Like, those noodles that come in packages and are so tasty but give you, like, your next 50 years worth of sodium and fat. Yeah, Ramen.

I immediately realized something wasn't right. How did the ramen get there? Then I finally realized and dropped the mat with a squeal of disgust. Mice had been living in it!!!

This happened two years ago. When the weather got cold, the mice found a way in. Well, apparently they have again. With goosebumps, I walked over to the shelves where we have lots of food stored. Mostly cans, but I have one shelf with packages of ramen on it. To my horror, I found that THREE whole packages had been nibbled into and eaten COMPLETELY. As in, all gone. I immediately got on gloves, scooped the rest of the packages off the shelf and into a garbage bag, and ran to the store to buy D-con. I set out big trays of poison, and this morning, all of them have pellets missing.

*shiver.*

I will NOT have mice in my house. I'm going to zap them all. I am normally a creature-loving person, but once you come into my home and bring disease and danger, I am TAKING YOU OUT.

Time for breakfast!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Th "bugbuster" just visited our house this morning because I couldn't live with any more arachnid enemies. I feel your outrage

Michelle Miles said...

Gross.

But HEY! Glad you got some rest. Good on you!