Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cement and Red Berries.

Why cement? Because that's what my head is made of today! It still amazes me the amount of snot/congestion our sinuses manufacture during a head cold. And how the simple act of blowing one's nose can bring on severe sinus pain. Not cool.
Red Berries, because I've discovered them. Special K with Red Berries. I've never tried it before, and I decided "what the heck" and bought some, and now it's my favorite cereal. (Well, actually, a good bowl of oatmeal with raisins is my favorite, but it's my favorite cold cereal.)
Today is CRAZINESS day. I have to clean the bathrooms, do a weight work out, THEN go to a RS presidency meeting at someone's house in scary Waukesha (I get lost there all the time--even with a nav system, I know don't laugh!) and then I get to pick the kids up from school, and run them home, only to run one to soccer and one to a basketball game. I only get to stay for half the game because then I get to run pick up Thing Three from soccer and go BACK to the bball game to finish it out, and then as soon as it's over we have to runlikeheck to Cub scouts at the church 35 miles away. And I have to fit dinner in there...somewhere. Oh, and I get to do all this with a toddler. In a stroller.
Yep. CRAZINESS day. I am not looking forward to it. I need to take some cold medicine.
Or I could take a big mallet and gong myself in the head and wake up tomorrow, after it's all over.
:-D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I LOVE this cereal! It is great as an evening snack (with milk) as well! :-)

Use the mallett. (although I think fininshing your day constitutes USING the mallett.)

Good luck Sweetie, feel better!

Mom

Devon Ellington said...

Do you have a big mixing bowl?

Boil up some water. Pour it into the bowl. If you've got eculyptus oil or leaves, toss it in. If not, go into your spice cabinet and get out some rosemary. Steep it for a minute or two, toss a towel over your head, leaning over the bowl, and steam.

Also, if you have cayenne pepper capsules, take two of those, sweat for 4-5 hours, and the congestion/cement head is gone. If you don't have the capsules, put a couple of teaspoons in a clear chicken broth or a wonton soup. It'll make your eyes water, but it'll help. Uh, yeah, EAT the soup.

I'm used to decongesting actors and singers backstage!

Feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Oi. What a day. Have you ever tried using a netti pot??? Works wonders.

And yes, Special K with red berries is deeeelish!

Lara said...

Karen, I'm SCARED of the Neti Pot! I've heard it's wonderful and all and blah blah blah, but for some reason, streaming water up my nose hole and through my head and out the other nose hole just seems...wrong.

Anonymous said...

I think Devon has a good thing going there with the steam. You'll be fine.

Mom