Monday, October 12, 2009

Rise and Shout...

...the Cougars are out!

I promised Hubby I'd wake up with him at 5am this morning to work out (he leaves for L.A. today and can't work out much when he's there) and I think I could do the early morning workout thing...occasionally. :-)

There are couples who swear they won't workout together because they like to have a little "mystery" in the relationship. I know for sure Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale do this. But I figure, hey, we're in this for the long haul, we've been together 15 years, is he really going to "leave me" because he's seen me red-faced and sweaty, laboring over an elliptical machine?

I think not.

Plus, it gives us more "together time" sans kids. It's a win-win, in my book.

Okay, it's cold. We had our first official freeze yesterday morning, and all my beautiful hydrangeas have turned brown and ugly. The black-eyed susans died last week, and now, everything else has started going brown and mucky. We'll have to whack everything down this week, and get the driveway stakes up, and get ready for Winter.

I have to say, though, Wisconsin trees in Fall are breathtaking. Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm listening to "I Gotta Feeling" from Black-eyed Peas on my ipod right now. And so far, it seems to be true!

Happy Monday all! And cross your fingers for my mom! She goes into surgery today!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

That's my current favorite song. It never fails to put me in an awesome mood. Love it!

Devon Ellington said...

I think working out together is great. You can get in synch on many levels.

Jennifer said...

Good luck and prayers to your mom!