Friday, July 17, 2009

I Am Sooooo Bad...

Hubby and I are selfish. Why, you ask? Because we have reserved seat tickets to see Harry Potter tonight, and we are going sans kids.

Initially, we thought the movie was PG-13. Whenever that happens, we have to "see it first" to make sure we know when to cover our kids' eyes/tell them to look at their popcorn, etc.. But to our surprise, this latest installment is only rated PG.

And we're still going without the kids. Yeah, we're bad! :-)

Oh well. We'll take them next weekend, when it isn't completely sold out. We've already told them, and they're OK with it.

This week has flown by. I had a small computer debacle, where I thought my laptop had finally bit it. Since I'm in Query Mode, I need a good computer. So, I took the kids' desktop and made it mine, temporarily. But now, I really like their computer (it has Windows Vista and mine only has XP) and theirs is much faster. Turns out the laptop is fine, the wireless mouse was acting up and finally going out, so I replaced the mouse and the kids like my laptop, so we're all happy. Only I had to waste an entire day wiping/loading my software and files onto the new computer. Can you say S-L-O-W and tedious?

Soccer camp, Volleyball camp, Basketball camp and swimming lessons are over. I guess I sort of planned things wrong, the front of Summer was heavy with sports and lessons, now the back half is relatively unscheduled. So, I've promised my kids I will take them to the pool at least twice a week (brrrr--we're in Wisconsin, remember) and we will go on a long walk every morning. And make some trips to Half Price Books. And maybe the Zoo.

They need to be kids, after all, you know. I am a firm believer in summers where you don't have to wake up at 6:30 am.

Have a happy weekend, all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear about the movie!!!!