Monday, December 04, 2006

It's 9 Whole Degrees Out...Where's My Swimsuit?

Two Words:

Hot Cocoa.

Make that a Venti, and we're good. BRRRRRR! I am bundling my kids up in about 50 layers today...they resemble something out of The Christmas Story (you know, the kid in the snowsuit) and can I just say I LOVE taking 20 minutes just to get all three of them wrapped up?

Luckily the school doesn't let them have outside recess if it's colder than 20 degrees. (That's Farenheit for you Canadians!) And currently with wind chill figured in we're about -15.

Oh yeah, Florida is looking WAY good right about now...

I am officially DONE with Christmas shopping! So happy, and I divvied everything up equally, which is very important.

Oh, and I ended up going to the Church Party on Friday night, Hubby came home from work early so we could all drive together, and it wasn't bad. The kids sang beautifully and I was glad I was there to direct them. But we left right after that. There's something about Potluck Food that gives me the Heebie Jeebies. Especially when you don't know where it came from or where it's been, or how long it's been sitting out. YUCK. I guess that's just something I have to get over.

Well, many errands to run this morning. I'm going to get the Expedition warmed up and drive the kids to the bus stop...it's way too cold to make them stand out there this morning.

Oooh, fun, and it's garbage day. Maneuvering two giant garbage cans down the sheet of ice that is my driveway should be SPECTACULAR.

And I wonder where my kids get their sarcasm...

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Mine is sarcastic too - I wonder why? ;)

Had the program went well and you got there and back safely.

Anonymous said...

I'm so feeling you with the potlucks. For some reason, our ward reeaaaally suffers in the potluck department. Some wards I've been in have been great. Great cooks. Here? Not so much. Which is surprising to me. Still, I always eat something before heading to the potlucks so I know I won't starve!!