Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend Over.

We ended up staying close to home this weekend, because Hubby had to give a talk in church. (He did a fabulous job, of course, public speaking is a no-brainer for him) But we're going up to Estes Park next weekend for our "getaway." It will be fun. The kids had swimming lessons and we spent time in the yard, and played lots of family games, so the weekend was fun.

The weather here is wonky again. Yesterday it was 85 and bright, today, rain and low forties. Tomorrow it's supposed to be beautiful again. What can I say? Wonky.

Hubby is on his way to the airport now, he'll be gone for a few days in Portland. So I am going to try and get the flowers planted while he's away. It's amazing how the yard looks now--when we moved here all trees and bushes had lost their leaves, and I never saw this place in full bloom. Now that everything is blooming and the grass is a deep green it really is beautiful. The only slowpokes are the ginormous Aspen trees in our backyard. We have them lining the side of our house and for some reason they are late bloomers. But the leaves are starting to poke out. I can see them. This rain we're getting today should help.

I didn't get any writing done this weekend, but I sure had a lot of movies running through my head. Speaking of which, I got my dvd versions of Jane Eyre (with Ciaran Hinds as Mr. Rochester--I have the Timothy Dalton version and it bored me to tears) and George Eliot's Middlemarch (SEVEN hours long--but Rufus Sewell will make it worthwhile) and Mansfield Park in the mail. So I know what I'll be watching at night! :-)

I ordered a TON of Finch Family Games books yesterday. I have always loved them. There is nothing like them--I especially like the educational ones. You can see the website here. (Of course they're geared towards the LDS church, but the educational ones are good for scrapbooking and homeschooling, and non-denominational.) I went crazy a couple of years ago and colored and laminated a TON of Finch games and my kids still love to play with them today. And it's something I put together for them, so it makes it even more special, in my opinion.

I have all three kiddos in school today, so I just might have to spend some "me time" at Hobby Lobby!

Or I could clean toilets.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

No comments: