Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Back to Normal

Lots of stuff to do--but it keeps me busy!

Okay, I couldn't sleep last night after I went to this link. (If you go there, DO NOT skip the intro!) It's the site for the new horror movie coming out called "Silent Hill."
Not that I'd ever watch the movie. The trailer itself scared the pee out of me. WHEW. I am not usually scared of horror films, but ever since "The Ring" came out, that has changed. Hollywood finally figured out how to scare me--and I'm staying away.

I'm re-reading (for the third time) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I think it's affecting me. I had a dream last night that Thing One and I were stranded at the airport, and a lady came over and sat with my daughter and started talking about Writing with her. I looked closer and it turned out the lady was Jo Rowling. I am in such awe of her imagination. She really is an amazing storyteller. And like a fool, I asked her to sign my copy of HBP. Oh well. At least I got to speak to her in my dream!

Well I have to scoot--the kids are being turkeys and not getting dressed for school. Sorry this is such a lame post. Kind of like my life right now...

1 comment:

Lowa said...

You sound like my son. He reads and re-reads and re-redas them!!! He got the first one when he was 7, right when it first came out. Has been hooked ever since.

We went a few years where we did not allow anything about it in the house. I am still confused about how I feel about it. I agree that her imagination is amazing. However it bothers me that the stories get darker and more evil all the time. The movies are NOT for kids, in my opinion. Very evil. I think we all get de-sensitized to things like that but when you sit and think about it...not good stuff.

Since he is older, we let him make the choice of if he wanted to get back into it or not. He didn't care for a while and now has slowly gotten into it again. He did not want to watch the latest movie without me seeing it first though and then letting him know if I thought he could handle it. He could.


Ok, I wasn't going to do a long comment. When you were saying that, it caused me to picture my son curled up somewhere reading the book for the 38th time!!!