Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Morning So Far...


Breakfast is always a small affair at our house, except on Saturdays. At seven a.m. sharp, the kids have a bowl of cereal and a glass of orange juice. You would think breakfast would be quick and they would be on their merry way.

NOT.

Breakfast was a little earlier today (thanks to me accidentally keeping the 6am time on the alarm clock that Hubby used yesterday) and let's just say, I about killed everybody at breakfast.

Thing Two: Mom, Thing One is staring at me.

Me: Thing One, stop staring.

Thing One: MOM!! Thing Two just laughed at me!

Me: You guys, knock it off! Just eat your breakfast!

Thing Two: MOM! Thing One is kicking me under the table!

Me: Thing One! You know better! Stop!

Thing One: Mom, he's laughing at me again! And Thing Three is too!

Me: OKAY, ALL THREE OF YOU EAT YOUR CEREAL AND DON'T LOOK AT EACH OTHER AND NO SPEAKING OR I'LL SEND YOU TO YOUR ROOM WITH NO BREAKFAST!!!

Yes, lovely, I know. This is a typical morning. If I ever leave them alone at the table, chaos ensues. I certainly don't remember doing this to MY parents--heaven knows we were left alone at the table often enough--were we this bad?

It also doesn't help that we got three inches of snow overnight. WHAT IS THE DEAL??? It was 85 and beautiful on Sunday!

I was complaining about this to Hubby and he said it will all melt today and be in the 70's. WONKY weather. I'd rather it either stayed cold, or stayed warm. This hot/cold/just kidding/hot/cold/hot crap is really frustrating.

And on that lovely note, I need to go break up the boys...they're arguing over a Gameboy game now, and they KNOW I don't allow them to play Gameboy before school. UGH.

No comments: