Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Hubby and I are celebrating our TENTH Anniversary today! I'm not going to say "It seems like yesterday" but it sure has flown by fast!

We've got a sitter for tonight and we're going to a swanky restaraunt, and it will be nice. I was looking at the proper gift for the Tenth and it was weird--TIN. So I went to the antique store and found this tin lamp--you can deduce the symbolism! (Lara blushes). I heard the "modern day" proper gift is diamonds...but Hubby really isn't a "diamond" man. He has a plain wedding band and he doesn't wear any other jewelry--that's how I like him.

I was bad yesterday, and watched "The Scarlet Pimpernel." (the Jane Seymor version). What a GREAT film! So witty, so romantic, adventurous, everything! Next week it will be "Lady Jane." What can I say, I'm a Period Film Junkie.

And I finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I swear, in order for Jo Rowling to tie up all her loose ends (that's assuming she will) her seventh and final book will have to be roughly the size of a mack truck. What's funny is--it could be as thick as a dictionary and we'd still all eagerly read it. In fact, I would actually welcome a mack-truck sized final book. I mean, it will be THE END. How sad. I might actually have to read it slowly, just to relish everything for the last time.

Well, must dash. Furniture people are coming at 8am (they installed Thing Three's headboard backwards--so we've told them to come make it right) and I have lots to do. And BRRRRRR, it's cold today! Arctic temperatures even! What is the deal with the Denver weather??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

COngrats!!! Enjoy your night out!

Lowa said...

Happy Anniversary!

I can't wait to hear what HE gets YOU:)